Let's Program It... in True BASIC
Avery Catlin's original programming textbook - the perfect introduction to programming for students and non-programmers, using True BASIC.
This book shows how learning to program in True BASIC will open new doors of opportunity and understanding. It makes no assumption of previous knowledge and leads you, step-by-step, through an impressive array of fundamental programming techniques.
- Getting started
- Writing and editing simple programs
- Assigning values to variables
- Program control statements
- Standard functions and program design
- Finding and correcting errors
- Writing programs using procedures
- Arrays for lists and tables
- Storing information in text files
- Formatted reports and displays
- Applications and record files
- Computer graphics
- Programming with matrices
- Creating an indexed database program
Each chapter contains a summary of important points, common errors that might be encountered, self-test questions, and practice programs.
Catlin shows how the easy portability of True BASIC allows you to create programs for both the Macintosh and PC from the same source code. Users of both operating systems will find this book very helpful.
Great companion to Bronze Edition.
Printed Instructor's Guide and quantity discounts available for educational customers. Contact us for more information.